Head of Government & Corporate Affairs
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 25 June 20192019-06-25 2019-08-24 fmcg Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 100000000 150000000 150000000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading international company is looking to recruit a Head of Government and Corporate Fairs to spearhead the function for their Vietnam business. In this job, you will be reporting directly to GM and driving a team of two managers.
About the Head of Government & Corporate Affairs Role:
This position is responsible for anticipating and shaping changes in the industry environment in the market, which create commercial and competitive opportunity for the company.
- Working with local management team and Regional GA & CA to develop Government and Corporate managing the timing and budgets of all related projects
- Product regulatory monitoring and update, including but not limited to working with government agencies and authorities, industry association and suppliers to understand what legislation is being discussed and monitoring the progress of all initiatives
- Working with other stakeholders to develop engagement and defense plans as appropriate
- Managing stakeholder engagements including the media
- ensuring that the local Excom and Regional management is kept apprised of the regulatory, tax, CP and media relationships or issues
- Responsible for all corporate communications initiatives for both internal and external audiences. This includes global initiatives for internal and external stakeholders, corporate philanthropy initiatives and management of external media relations
- Responsible for supporting business including packaging, product development and promotional activity planning. Work in close relation with Legal in assisting in the evaluation of applicable regulations, laws and local practices and identifying and/or managing any resulting issues, including seeking the advice of outside parties such as the MOIT or MOSC
- Initiating Community Investment projects that fit our Global guidelines as well as furthering the corporate image and managing the budget appropriately
To ensure the success, you will have passion, drive and determination for delivery. A natural influencer, you will be an engaging character comfortable working to tight deadlines and have a flexible, can-do approach.
- Bachelor degree is required, preferably in Business Administration, Social Sciences or Foreign Trade
- At least seven years' experience in Corporate Affairs and Government relations, preferably in foreign invested companies
- Good knowledge of Vietnam legislative system is an advantage
- Strong network with the Government competent authorities, media agencies
- Fluent Vietnamese and English
This company is much more than consumer goods retail and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.