MEP Design Director
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Kim Truong
Date posted 02 November 2016
A global leading construction and engineering consultancy firm is looking for a MEP Design Director to work in Ho Chi Minh City and lead the MEP Engineering department team.
About the MEP Design Director role:
Reporting to the Regional MEP Design Director, you will be responsible to maintain knowledge of the overall construction processes and operating practices for the MEP codes of practice, local authority regulations and specifications.
- Maintain knowledge of the overall construction processes and operating practices for the MEP construction industry, as well as prevailing MEP codes of practice, local authority regulations and specifications
- Conduct (MEP design) reviews and technical assessments of proposals submitted by the design Consultants and Contractors
- Identify MEP design and construction issues, pursue solutions and make recommendations to the Design and Construction Managers
- Attend progress and technical meetings and ensure that all MEP design and construction issues are identified, objectives set and achieved and proper records/minutes are taken
- Monitor the performance of the consultant(s) and contractor(s) with regards to the MEP works to ensure compliance with the relevant standards and specs
- Review key risks to delivery and resolve related problems before they have any impact on the works
In order to succeed in this MEP Design Director role, you must have 10 to 15 years' experience working across South East Asia countries in MEP Design for high-rise buildings, resort or factories.
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- A strong design background or a proven ability to review MEP designs in a thorough manner
- An ability to work effectively within a team and to manage Senior, intermediate & junior engineers
- Strong analytical skills, ability to identify, define, and solve problems rapidly, to think and plan strategically, and to effectively communicate such thoughts and plans
- Experience working within international construction consulting companies
- Open for foreigners
This global leading construction consultancy firm provide a unique perspective on work collaboration and teamwork, enhancing our knowledge of our local markets and our capacity for innovation.
If you are interested in this MEP Design Director job, apply now or contact me for more information.