Location Long An
Consultant Kim Truong
Date posted 09 November 2016
One of the leading company in sportswear products is looking for the Production Manager to work in Long An factory to oversee and be responsible for the process of the upper and tooling engineering coordination of new footwear products from sample reviews stage through commercialisation and including production.
About the Production Manager role:
Reporting directly to the Operation Director, you will be responsible for maintaining connectivity with the product through the initial production phase. You will also set the quality control standards as well as monitor the product manufacturing schedule daily to ensure delivery is on time and report to planning if there is any deviation from plan.
- Provides the Development Manager with solid engineering support in the asia product creation process from bulk sample review onwards
- Support the product development team during initial stages of development
- Work with factory pattern and tooling engineers in converting initial design renderings into successful and profitably commercialised product
- Take on the principal commercialisation role as the product moves from T4 stage of development and into full scale manufacturing ensuring that the regional and head quarter teams are fully updated on the progress
- See new models into production and follow their progress for the life of the model
- Check that daily bond tests and where necessary daily waterproof tests are being carried and meeting the Company brand requirements
In order to succeed in this Production Manager job, you must have at 5 to 8 years of footwear experience in a footwear engineering discipline or product creation with a global sourcing brand in Vietnam.
- Bachelors degree in industrial engineering or industrial design field
- At least 3 years at management level in managing subordinates
- A strong understanding of the principles of pattern engineering, costing, quality implications, model making, part drawings, and manufacturing processes
- Project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Mandarin communication is an advantage
- Have leadership, problem solving skills and is results oriented
- Ability to motivate and mentor others within the working group
- Demonstrate skill in problem solving and results orientation
This global sportswear company has a strong commitment to product innovation and are winning industry awards for their delivery as well as provides their employees career progression with competitive package & benefits.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this interesting Production Manager job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.