Regional Country Manager
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Kim Truong
Date posted 23 November 2016
Due to expansion, Eddie Bauer - an active and outdoor brand rooted in the Great Northwest of America - is looking for a high-calibre Regional Country Manager. You will be joining their Hong Kong team and will be based and work in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam.
About the a Regional Country Manager role:
Reporting directly to the Senior leadership team in Asia, you will be leading an in-country team of Technicians, Quality Assurance specialists and Production managers to ensure Eddie Bauer products ship and arrive on time, are to company quality standards and information flows throughout supply chain to necessary stakeholders.
- Understands manufacturing process and how to maximise efficiency
- Work with vendor to be “ahead” of any issues and any necessary Corrective Action Plan
- Ensure and own that Purchase Orders ship on time
- Guide the in field team to support a pre-production plan for all styles
- Enforce and support previously negotiated lead times
- Establish process for audits of entire process from receipt of materials to final inspection, to ensure products deliver on time and of first quality
- Provide input on seasonal Factory allocation when needed
- Ensure goods align with EB quality expectations
- Manage training and certification of all in-Factory QA professionals (FCA’s)
- Establish and drive Quality assessment procedure and Corrective Action Plan (CAP) protocol by factory
- Understand the EB process and systems that support effort
- Delegate day to day management of each vendor to field teams
- Map out strategic plan for all production and quality initiatives by vendor
- Manage team of Product technicians and Production managers
- Train, Manage and oversee the “on-boarding” of all new vendor partners
- Act as eyes and ears for EB with all factory and regional issues, providing solutions to problems in a timely manner
- Manage, establish and drive factory scorecard process
- Bi-monthly Dashboard reporting to ED Stakeholders
- Promote Eddie Bauer corporate initiatives locally
- Periodic new factory assessments
- Frequent travel required
To succeed in this position, you will have at least 10 years of experience in similar position in textile/garment, apparel & fashion or footwear industries.
- Bachelor degree or above in garment, textile and clothing, or related subject
- Direct experience with factory production process
- Solid experience in quality assurance process, manufacturing process and systems
- Managing people to obtain maximum efficiency
- Intimate knowledge of assigned regional sourcing base
- Excellent communication skills with fluent and written English, with local language a priority
- Experience in product development, sourcing and understanding how to commercialise product
- Ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment
- Strong interpersonal skills for building collaborative working relationships within teams
- Strong time management and organisational skills to establish priorities and meet specific timelines
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Strong leadership and management skills
Eddie Bauer is an active, outdoor brand that combines over nine decades of quality craftsmanship and innovation with a commitment to outfitting your life's adventures. They are an active, outdoor company rooted in the Great Northwest, and have been outfitting America for almost 100 years. They love inspiring and enabling you to get outside and Live Your Adventure. They believe the best adventures are shared with others.
Their creed is to give you such outstanding quality, value, service and guarantee that we may be worthy of your high esteem. Our Guarantee Every item they sell will give you complete satisfaction or you may return it for a full refund.
Eddie Bauer offers signature outerwear, apparel, outdoor gear, and accessories. All built to one standard: to be the best.
If you are driven, self-motivated, detail-minded, independent, able to work under pressure and meet all the above requirement criteria, this Regional Country Manager is the right role for you.
Apply now or call me to discuss further.