The Focus Asia Whitepaper series was created to help employers identify and address topical issues affecting their recruitment process.
This inaugural whitepaper, entitled ‘Using Career Progression To Recruit The Best Professionals’, surveyed over 1,300 professionals and hiring managers across China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. The study examined critical career progression topics, and offers recommendations on how an organisation can utilise career progression to hire top talent.
Toby Fowlston, Managing Director – Robert Walters Southeast Asia, commented, “With the extensive Robert Walters network of offices in Asia, we have produced compelling insights from hiring managers and professionals. Our focus on career progression originated from the strong interest from companies in attracting top talent. The results reveal that a clearly defined career path is a strong advantage in attracting and retaining the industry’s best professionals.”
Key highlights of the whitepaper:
- 74% of job seekers deemed career progression ‘very important’ when considering new job opportunities
- Most professionals (85%) enquired specifically about career progression during the interview process
- 33% of job seekers regarded ‘expanded portfolio and work experience’ as their most valued career progression initiative
- A majority of organisations (78%) offered career progression in the form of international mobility among their global offices
- 54% of professionals said their organisations ‘mostly’ followed through with the career progression they advertised for the role, 9% said ‘always’ while 36% did not believe organisations followed through
This whitepaper is the first in the Robert Walters Focus Asia series of whitepapers, which aims to examine talent management issues which have a critical impact on business performance.
To view the full version of the whitepaper, download the Focus Asia Whitepaper - Career Progression.
For further information and media queries, please contact Germaine Lim at +65 6228 5313 or email@example.com