Regional Quality Purchasing Director – APAC
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Thuy Le
Date posted 11 October 2016
A global leading automotive company is looking for a Regional Quality Purchasing Director – APAC to be based in Thailand to lead and improve their entire purchasing operations across the Asia Pacific region.
About the a Regional Quality Purchasing Director – APAC role:
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, you will drive the consistent adoption of continuous improvement and quality management throughout all purchasing operations in the APAC region.
- Build up and lead the regional supplier development and purchasing organisation in Asia-Pacific
- Identify and develop suppliers in region Asia-Pacific in order to assure localisation projects for the countries and global demand of the Group
- Competency build up in the countries for the specific new projects and new technologies, build up cross-country/ cross-regional technology and quality network
- Harmonise the supplier base and apply appropriate measures to bring them on global standards
- Work with senior leaders and cross functional teams in pursuit of sustainable best-in-class strategic supply chain and purchasing practices
- Participate in strategic customer projects to manage all internal and external stakeholders
- Develop best practice processes to improve execution efficiency contributing better margins and helping to grow the business
The successful Regional Quality Purchasing Director – APAC for this unique position will have at least 15 years of quality management and purchasing experience in an international manufacturing environment and a strong background in the automotive industry.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Strong background in supplier development and supplier quality management across different countries in a matrix organisation structure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven, good leadership and influencing skills
- Strong knowledge of SAP is a must
With a turnover of more than 15 billion USD and more than 80,000 employees worldwide this company is a clear leader of its market. In this position, you will drive a major strategic department and operate in a multi-stakeholder environment with worldwide exposure to the C-level management team.
If you are a driven, talented and focused purchasing and quality professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Regional Quality Purchasing Director position is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
If you would like to know more about this leadership role, please apply today.
This role is posted on behalf of Lionel Blondiau, you may send your CV directly to him at email@example.com.