Salary VND60000000 - VND80000000 per month
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Thuy Le
Date posted 14 November 2016
An international FMCG firm to look for a high-calibre professional Transportation Manager to join the team in Ho Chi Minh city. This position will be leading all movements of finished products to and from Company warehouses to the distribution centres.
About the Transportation Manager role:
In this position, you will be involved in managing all transportation activities while interfacing effectively with related internal and external stakeholders to create an optimal plan for the movement of stock according to market needs whilst minimising the combined cost to company of stockholding and transportation.
- Develop and control the annual transportation budget in alignment with the annual production plan, the annual stock plan and the annual sales forecast
- Optimise transport costs: negotiate and maintain competitive transportation rates; ensure transportation reliability; minimise fleet required
- Effective transporter contract management: negotiate terms; manage service delivery to contract; manage relationships; provide and encourage two-way constructive feedback; set and apply both penalties and incentives
- Optimise stockholding costs; compliance with company guidelines
- Create and manage a detailed transportation schedule which smooth demand by week and month within the constraints of production capacity, transportation availability, customer operating hours and market fluctuations
- Manage service reliability risks: ensure multiple service providers in order to spread risk; Understand the pros and cons of multiple transportation modes
- Develop, manage and drive continuous improvement of transportation standards, including: standard stem travel times for transporters; standard on-site times for Warehouses, DCs and customers; standard fleet utilisation metrics; transporter KPI’s
- Create a win-win environment of mutual trust with external service providers, trade customers and internal customers
- Support continuous improvement as an active, constructive member of a TPM pillar or team
- Ensure the achievement of all company Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) standards
To succeed in this Transportation Manager job, you need to have a 5 years solid experience in transportation management (preferably in the FMCG or beverage industry) with proven records in successfully working with local transportation or logistics companies.
- University degree
- Well round experience and knowledge of total Vietnamese transportation infrastructure(i.e. road, rail, waterways, sea)
- Good knowledge in Vietnamese transportation laws and regulations
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and decision making
- Successful experience in budgeting and cost control principles
- Experience in working in logistics software
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Experience on TPM in Logistics
This well known firm needs no introduction and it is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.