Market Development Manager
Salary VND70000000 - VND100000000 per month
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Anh Tong
Date posted 07 October 2016
An exciting Market Development Manager position in Ho Chi Minh City has just become available in a rapidly growing multinational business in the alcohol industry.
About the Market Development Manager role:
In this business critical role, you will work closely with the National Sales Director (NSD) and other Departments, to ensure achievement of the company’s corporate, commercial and brand objectives.
- Work with the NSD to ensure achievement of annual Corporate sales targets, i.e. sell-in volume, sales revenue, NSI, etc.
- Participate and assist the NSD in preparing and finalising annual sales plans and objectives/targets, i.e. Master Contract Plan (MCP), Sales Incentive Scheme (SIS), WS sell-in targets, etc.
- Continuously seek ways to improve and grow market share of the company's brands, through e.g. partnerships with key customers, optimal product distribution and listings, development of existing and/or new channels, review of distribution/Route-To-Consumer (RTC) structure, etc.
- Develop and grow the company’s Share-Of-Market/Noise in the Modern Retail channel, with emphasis on (a) volume growth (b) product listings/distribution (c) shelf facings (d) pricing management (e) retail visibility
- Ensure achievement of agreed annual commercial and business objectives and targets, i.e. sell-In volume (& revenue), DSO management (if applicable), etc.
- Ensure approved or agreed A&P activities are implemented effectively and efficiently, and according to approved/agreed guidelines, budgets, etc.
- Work together with Sales and/or Marketing teams to proactively identify new promotion, merchandising, display, etc. opportunities
- Work closely with the Marketing team to conduct post-activation/event evaluation or assessment to measure effectiveness of A&P spend, and propose/suggest methods for improvements (if necessary)
To succeed in this Market Development Manager job, you will need to have an ability to work effectively and cooperatively with senior manager, across borders and internal matrix.
- University graduate major in Business/ marketing or related discipline
- Have minimum 10 years' commercial and marketing experience with an international FMCG company
- Have supervisory and management experience at MNCs
- Thorough understanding of FMCG industry. Have working experience in imported wines and spirits would be a plus
- Proactive and logical
- Highly motivated, energetic, enthusiastic and team oriented
This international alcohol firm is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you have a successful track record of business development, you can take your career forward with this exciting job.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.