Head of Merchant
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant LanAnh Nguyen
Date posted 13 December 2022ho-chi-minh-city sales/business-development 2022-12-13 2023-02-11 new-media-and-internet Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Head of Merchant (x1 vacancy) job has arisen in a leading firm in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam.
About the Head of Merchant Role:
The Head Of Merchant role is responsible for developing on strategy and execution plan to acquire new and maintain the current merchants/ partnerships for the company's service.
- Own the strategic plan and execute on merchant development, including acquisition, growth and retention for the largest and strategic brands in the market
- Drive market expansion activities with merchants to secure them onboard. Develop and optimise strategies and best practices that drive merchant success and growth
- Own and meet top-line merchant KPIs, e.g. revenue, gross volume, number of merchants and stores, presence in key verticals identified, number of transactions, etc.
- Lead team to identify opportunities, manage and develop proposals/merchant pitches and negotiate new business agreements (e.g. contract clauses, pricing, etc.) as well as enhance existing relationships
- Support the growth of partners transactions by analysing the performance and ideating initiatives such as promos, marketing collaborations, product/process improvements, etc;
- Collaborate with product and tech teams on product features, deployment plan, road-map, payment flow, user experience, etc.
- Cooperate with the marketing team to design merchant-facing initiatives. Conduct rigorous experiments on the effectiveness and efficiency of these initiatives that will inform long term strategy, leveraging both qualitative and qualitative data and merchant insights
- Own weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting on the status of merchant development pipeline to the CEO and Board of Directors
To succeed in this role, you must have good communication skills in English.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; masters/post-degree preferred
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, and conceptual problem-solving skills, combined with good business acumen
- Strong record of leadership in academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with prospective merchants.
- Excellent hands-on experience in establishing partnerships with upper/executive management levels of big brands.
- Excellent conflict resolution and team-building skills.
- Sound consultative and solution selling skills with a proven track record
- At least six years of professional experience in partnership development or business development in companies such as start-ups, Mobile/Fintech/Loyalty/ Ecom/ Payment services
- Strong logical thinking, problem-solving skills, communication skills and excellency in presentation skills to propose merchant strategy to BOD.
- Outstanding records of academic and professional achievement
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with people at all levels in an organisation
- Entrepreneurial and results-driven
This company is offering a unique opportunity for growth, developing one of the most dynamic markets with huge support from a solid young and dynamic team.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 30 January 2023An international chemicals company specialising in fragrance for personal and home care industries is looking for a driven National Sales Manager to further support their business growth in Vietnam. This role will report directly to the Regional Sales Manager.
Salary: Attractive bonus packageLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 30 January 2023An exciting Sales Manager job has become available at one of the multinational consumer electronic firms, based in HCMC. Reporting directly to Sales Head, this is the role for the person who is a leader in their field.
Salary: VND80,000,000 - VND95,000,000 per monthLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 11 January 2023One of the leading customizable, modular furniture company is looking for a Export Sales Manager in HCM city. They are looking for a strong Export Sales Manager to strengthen the brand position in the customizable furniture market in Canada, the US, Europe, . In this job, you will work independently and be responsible for all sales activities to achieve the target.
Salary: VND80,000,000 - VND95,000,000 per monthLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 10 January 2023One of the leading customizable, modular furniture company is looking for a Export Sales Manager in HCM city. They are looking for a strong Export Sales Manager to strengthen the brand position in the customizable furniture market in Canada, the US, Europe, . In this job, you will work independently and be responsible for all sales activities to achieve the target.
Salary: VND70,000,000 - VND80,000,000 per monthLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 09 January 2023One of the biggest MNC companies is looking for a Business Development Manager in HCMC. In this job, you will work independently and be responsible for all sales activities to achieve the target.