Consultant Tom Tabouring
Date posted 25 September 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An exciting Managing Director role has become available at one of the most respected logistic firms in Vietnam. This role is for anyone who has the thrive to succeed, has creative strategic thinking and is ready for a new big challenge where he/she is willing to take the absolute lead.
About the Managing Director Role:
In this particular role you will be responsible for positioning the company at the forefront of this exciting and rapidly-developing industry. You will also be in charge for both tactical and strategic development of the company to become a full integrated 3PL program.
- Expansion of services including order management services, air and ocean freight forwarding, land transport and contract logistics
- Identification of opportunities in the markets we serve (Southern key economic zone of Vietnam)
- Support new product initiatives such as developing port authority, regional distribution/mixing hub concepts, data analytics services, business process outsourcing and others
- Develop strategies to increase value and satisfaction for the customers, including potential products/services, pricing strategies, markets & distribution channels and promotional strategies
- Strategic with good business acumen, external market and customer oriented, able to develop and define the Vietnam business strategy
- Capture the trend of the market; and to generate business ideas, seek for new opportunities and develop business plans
- Supervise sales, marketing and operations, and may have responsibility for regional accounting, purchasing, personnel and / or financial functions
- Ensure effective management of business and operations and manage terminal P&L: costs, OT/Headcount, productivity, vendor cost/service valuer's components of P&L
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-cooperatively with top management, across borders and internal matrix.
- Proven sales experience in the industry is the must
- Able to work individually and to build a professional team
- Able to perform good vision and good planning capability
- Able to manage the financial aspects of a department (purchasing, budget preparations, review financial reporting and monitor expenses)
- Demonstrating good communication, collaboration and problem solving abilities, exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to be influential
- Demonstrated leadership skills in influencing departments and implementing and managing change
- Experienced in logistic market for more than 10 years in a management role, with background/understanding on the investment sector
- University graduated with bachelor or upper degree, in related fields as B.A, transportation, logistics, supply chain management preferred
This leading logistics company is recognised as one of the market leaders in their field of expertise. The firm is very focused on being the top by providing the best possible service.
If you are driven and determined, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.