Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Tom Tabouring
Date posted 01 October 2018 2018-10-012018-11-26 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An exciting General Manager job has become available at one of the most respected and multinational logistic firms in Vietnam. This role is for anyone who has the thrive to succeed and to lead by providing creative strategic thinking and managerial skills.
About the General Manager Role:
In this particular role you will be expected to lead, develop and control the business and operations at the country-level to achieve short and long-term financial and operating objectives (profitability, revenue, productivity, market share) in line with division and the company's south district strategy.
- Manage operation team and set KPI for team, review monthly, customer care indication, creation for best solution
- Business development and gross profit budget achievement
- Strongly push on company sales leads, aggressive to WH and LD tenders, target sales to local trucking and customs clearance to industrial parks
- Push company regional to get more tenders in 2019, aggressive input rates to bidding, local sales SPL products to retail, FMCG, corporate with team to win more business
- Define the business strategy considering vertical and horizontal guidelines and objectives
- Lead and manage team, determine team structure, roles and performance targets in cooperation with functional leaders
- External complaint from company: build up good relationship with new management, work closely with regional production team, follow company compliance policy strictly, keep reporting process on time always
- Cost control budget: control credibility issues, review budget by monthly, especially control all extra cost occurred by daily operation, limited to approved new cost, avoid OT from peak season
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-cooperatively with top management, across borders and internal matrix.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Min. 8 years of experience in different senior management functions in a logistics company
- Knowledge of international freight forwarding and supply chain/logistics management
- Budget control
- Familiar with the Vietnam business and regulatory environment and knows how to build business and organisation in Vietnam
- Manage and lead teams through professional standard knowledge and practical experience in several functional areas
- Strategic with good business acumen, external market and customer oriented, able to develop and define the Vietnam business strategy
This multinational logistics company is recognised as one of the market leaders in their field of expertise. The firm is very focused on being the leader by providing the best possible service.
If you are driven and determined, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.