Managing Director, Technology
Salary VND100,000,000 - VND200,000,000 per month
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Mai Le
Date posted 08 October 2018 2018-10-082018-12-02 sales 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
As a result of ongoing and continued successes both within Vietnam and internationally, this global leader within the machinery & equipment world is recruiting a Managing Director to join their Technology division based in Ho Chi Minh City.
About the Managing Director Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for formulating and overseeing implementation of business strategies and plans to achieve technical sales targets for overall business objectives; accountability for overall P&L as well as resource planning and people management.
- Oversee and manage operating budgets and costs according to annual allocation to ensure efficient usage of resources
- Provide business direction by formulating technical sales strategies and oversee the development and implementation of short- and long-term plans to achieve business targets for country/region
- Formulate key performance indicators and ensure tracking mechanisms are in place to support the achievement of team key performance indicators
- Drive business related to key clients/customers. Introduce new/improved strategies and plans based on anticipated changing markets and trends
- Oversee pricing, discounts and contract negotiations with key clients/customers to facilitate distribution/business agreements and achieve targeted margins
- Strategize customer base expansion based on effectiveness of sales strategies/plans
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement on sales processes, sales plans, customer satisfaction, etc. to improve sales targets
- Develop and build long-term strategic relationships with key clients and customers to achieve business objectives
- Manage and develop a high performing dedicated team and effective organisation structure
- Set direction and cascade team/function goals to ensure goals are well-defined and clearly communicated
- Drive and manage learning and development of team in the area of technical product sales, development of a strong second line and Company values and behaviours to achieve team/function goals
- Drive self-learning and improvement in the area of business management and people management
To succeed in the Managing Director job, you must have 10 years of relevant experience and at least 5 years in senior management role.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the industry/market/competitors/customers
- Advanced knowledge and a proven business management and sales track record in assigned products/services/systems and an existing network of contacts
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory requirements of products within assigned territories, including handling procedures, shelf life, storage, etc.
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Advanced research and analytical skills
- Proficiency in office productivity tools (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken as well as local language required
- Degree in Engineering or any other science discipline preferred
- Masters in Business Administration - Business, Marketing, or equivalent
This leading machinery & equipment trading firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. With a strong history in Asia this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Managing Director job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.