Salary VND150,000,000 - VND170,000,000 per month + Allowances / Bonus
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Mai Le
Date posted 13 August 20192019-08-13 2019-10-12 sales Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 150000000 170000000 170000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting General Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected global machinery firms based in Ho Chi Minh City. Reporting directly to the Regional Head, this is a role for someone with P&L and team management experience.
About the General Manager Role:
In this business critical role, you will oversee daily business operations in the country, developing and implementing growth strategies aligned to Company Growth initiatives. The General Manager should account for all business activities, support staff development, enhance efficiency, drive sales and improve revenue, maintain relationships with clients, enhance the organisation's image, and meet overall growth objectives.
- Ownership to drive and achieve sustainable sales and exceed sales targets in country through development and implementation of the sales activity plan
- Align and establish relevant KPIs to monitor progress against the sales plan and develop and implement remedial actions where required
- Lead the sales team to develop large accounts/customers across the country
- Effectively manage the customer team to ensure customer requirements are met and solutions are delivered with quality within time frame
- Submits orders by referring to agreed pricing conditions, promotions and strategies
- Ensure deliveries and payments are achieved as planned
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as weekly call reports, and monthly and annual territory analyses
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, promotions, service capabilities, etc
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Recommends Marketing activities such as seminars, open houses, trade shows
- Participate actively in the preparation and execution of Marketing activities
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales
- Provide timely (monthly / quarterly) forecast for sales
- Demonstrate role model behaviour and provide a framework to develop the team's skill sets and behaviours through regular coaching, performance management and training initiatives
- Build and maintain an engaged and positive relationship with partners and key people in the industry, and develop strong relationships with broader stakeholders in the region
- Work closely with the Regional Head on a wide range of strategic initiatives including reviewing strategy, exploring new business initiatives and examining potential acquisitions that will have a material impact on the business
- Act as an executive level thought-partner for major strategic considerations and analytical support where needed
- Work closely with the Strategy team on the market analysis of competitors, expansion opportunities, internal performance, industry trends and other strategic issues
To succeed in this General Manager job, you must have P&L and team management experience in machinery industry specifically for Vietnam market.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred
- 15 years' proven experience in sales, business development, strategic planning, management consulting, or merger & acquisitions
- Proven track record in achieving aggressive sales targets
- Good knowledge of different business functions
- Computer literate and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Excel
This international machinery firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting General Manager job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.