Location Dong Nai
Consultant Andrew Humphreys
Date posted 05 June 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An exciting Purchasing Manager job has arisen for a global player in the mechanical engineering and manufacturing industry. Reporting to the Country Manager you will be responsible for the purchasing department of this state of the art manufacturing facility just outside Ho Chi Minh City.
About the Purchasing Manager Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for the development of the purchasing function in line with both long and short term strategic goals.
- Strategically and operationally guide and further develop purchasing function to be in line with strategic short, mid and long term objectives and targets of this company in order to optimise effectiveness, efficiency and performance according to internal and external customer requirements
- Ensure the proper material supply for operation of the plant, increase the ratio of local supply and reduce the overall purchasing cost of materials & services
- Develop local suppliers in line with strategic road map and growth rate
- Define and implement purchasing KPI’s and targets among the team, keep track and record the update status accordingly
- Cost / budget control regarding all purchasing volume and also overhead cost and headcount of purchasing function according to the approved budget
- Make survey and analysis the local market for the relevant commodities
To be successful in this purchasing manager role you need to be an experienced professional in the manufacturing industry within major multinational companies.
- Engineering university degree or equivalent experience
- Eight years' purchasing experience in multi-national company manufacturing
- Three years' management experience
- Excellent negotiation (technical and commercial competent) skills and ability to make decisions.
- Good command of English and computer skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills, team abilities and cultural capabilities
- High energy level and be able to work independent
- Open and direct. Trust worthy, loyal and is ethical
- Strong leadership skills and proven record of execution of cross-functional / cross-cultural teams / project.
This global player is well established in Vietnam and after further investment is up skilling and growing their manufacturing team and facilities. This is a fantastic time to join this excellent international team.
If you are driven and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.