Head of Country Procurement
Salary VND100,000,000 - VND130,000,000 per month
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Lea Natale
Date posted 30 July 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
One of the global leader in insurance industry is looking for its new Head of Country Procurement based in in Ho Chi Minh City.
About the Head of Country Procurement Role:
Due to a major transformation within the organisation, you will be entitled to the governance, strategy and execution of the local procurement activities. As a Head of Country Procurement, you will be the key contact to liaise with Asia procurement team on local subject matter expert to operate the service, ensure the compliance of all procurement activities, company policies, risk management etc.
- Develop local procurement (outsourcing) policy to ensure the policy is in line with global governance framework and shareholders requirements; ensure the local policy formulation is efficient and transparent
- Create and maintain analysis or defect tracking report to enhance the overall control of procurement initiatives
- Identify procurement opportunities that will result in economic benefits/process efficiency's/risk mitigation
- Lead cross-functional teams for sourcing events based on the thresholds set in the local procurement policy
- Work with Asia Procurement to develop/enhance the underlying category Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) model and benefits tracking approach to be used during the sourcing event
- Engage and coordinate local functional subject matter experts, such as legal, tax, risk management, etc., in support of procurement initiatives
- Lead the RFx (request for quotation, bid, proposal...) process. Collect data and information necessary to define the company’s requirements for the RFx
- Monitor the vendor performance and contract implementation to ensure the procurement initiatives meet with relevant policies, regulations and code of ethics
- Ensure vendors are pre-qualified and complete confidentiality agreements
- Build and actively maintain vendor database with market place information including past experiences of the company using that vendor, pricing, quality and reliability for purchasing department's reference
- Develop vendor analyses, using the company's standard tools to present potential vendors to the cross-functional sourcing team
- Develop RFx summaries and vendor evaluation matrices, using the company's standard templates for the cross-functional sourcing team to evaluate vendor responses
To be successful in this role, you will need to have at least 8 years of progressive experience in procurement, contract management and/or vendor management roles.
Key Requirements :
- Solid knowledge of procurement, vendor management
- Undergraduate degree (business, finance accounting or law preferred)
- Professional certification (CIPS, CPPM, CPM...)
- Familiar with insurance business operations
- Excellent executor – proven project management skills; able to prioritise and juggle multiple and changing priorities; deliver sustainable results
- Team builder – build strategic partnerships with internal clients and vendors; able to lead cross-functional teams; build buy-in and engagement with key stakeholders
- Skilled communicator – communicate complexity with clarity and ease; articulate a clear view of concepts, ideas and objectives; able to interface with different stakeholders at all levels; represents the company externally with confidence; skilled in both oral and written communication
- Effective negotiator/ influencer – interact in ways that gain acceptance and commitment to desired outcomes; influence opinion of and resolve conflict with others with and without direct authority; persuasive negotiator
- Strong customer service orientation, adapt at cultivating and sustaining value-add business partnerships with key stakeholders
- Focused on supporting Category Managers in meeting their priorities and KPIs, with an emphasis on spend, demand management and business process improvement
- Commitment to execute within agreed governance framework
This international insurance firm needs no introduction and is recognised as one of the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate and strong ethics, the company continues to move up. The company is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest.
If you have a strong leadership, customer driven, determined and want to take a the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of country procurement job.
Please apply today or call me to discuss further this new position.