Consultant Phuong Yen Nguyen
Date posted 14 August 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A leading flexible packaging European company is seeking a high-calibre Procurement Manager in Ho Chi Minh city to support the rapidly growing Vietnam business.
About the Procurement Manager Role:
You will cover purchasing for the Pharma plant in Vietnam and support the Group Procurement Team strategic sourcing for categories as Aluminium, Chemicals, Films and Paper in Asia.
- Implement Category strategy and develop supplier in close alignment with Group Procurement
- Leads regional negotiations and manages supplier relationships with key suppliers
- Manage cross-functional interfaces to plant procurement and Group Procurement
- Conducts regular market analyses on a regional level
- Optimise category efficiency through implementing supplier product and process harmonisation
- Drive innovation working in close conjunction with R&D
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a strong experience in procurement.
- Significant track record of achievements in raw materials (Aluminium, Films and Chemicals)
- Strong technical expertise and understanding of the market dynamics and suppliers
- Track record of developing strong collaborative relationships and cross-functional networks while interacting with senior management
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytically capabilities and negotiation skills
- Results focused
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in influencing others in cross-functional areas
- Willingness to drive change by inspiring and motivating others to perform effectively in a dynamic environment
- Fluent in Vietnamese and Chinese speaking, good English speaking
This European company is the world’s fourth largest producer of flexible packaging. They stand for premium positioning, leading technology, customer proximity and highly efficient production facilities. This is an exciting time to join this growing organisation.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.