Procurement Operations Manager
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Phuong Yen Nguyen
Date posted 06 September 2018 2018-09-062018-10-26 building-and-construction 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A leading manufacturing company is seeking a high-calibre Procurement Manager in Ho Chi Minh city to support the rapidly growing Vietnam business.
About the Procurement Manager Role:
You will lead and drive implementation of category strategies in the local operational environment and maximise the savings associated with the spend managed locally as defined by Category teams.
- Manage the operational and tactical Procurement of goods and services categories in accordance with Company category strategy, as well as applicable policies, procedures and specifications
- Act as the point of contact between Category Management and operations
- Drive the realisation of savings, supply efficiency, quality, and process improvements in country, in line with regional and global strategies
- Identify saving opportunities and initiate individual projects and initiatives at all operational levels
- Manage and develop Procurement Officers and Expeditors
To succeed in this role you must have good management or international commerce with relevant experience in a procurement management position, with minimum 5 years in procurement role (category management, sourcing, operations).
- Exposure to supply chain management, strategic sourcing and optimal procurement processes and standards in MNC is a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively/convincingly at all levels (including technical and operational) and with all functions at least in English and local language
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and drive tasks to completion in a fixed time-frame and in a pressured environment
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and build relationships across multiple functions
- Excellent command of Vietnamese and English
This global manufacturing company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field. With extensive coverage across continentals throughout many decades, the company is now employing tens of thousands of people worldwide. The company is now striving to become the most advanced group in its manufacturing industry.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.