Salary VND150,000,000 - VND300,000,000 per monthFULL_TIME
Consultant Andrew Humphreys
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-17 manufacturing-and-production 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City
A brand new Quality Manager position responsible for a team of over 100 staff has become available for one of the worlds leading furniture companies based in Binh Duong Vietnam.
About the Quality Manager Role:
In this critical role you will be responsible for handling the quality of over 60 furniture suppliers and managing a team of over 100 staff across Vietnam.
- Clear alignment and communication of US CQI goals, metrics and strategic direction to vendor champions, while tracking their performance to keep continuous quality improvement
- Quality team management. Clear communicate with Southeast Asia Operations Manager and CQI office to set Goals by giving clear direction to QA/QC team to achieve the goals. Collect and analyse performance metrics and trends, analyse data, and prepare reports and analysis to evaluate team’s performance and keep continuous improvements
- Develop, implement, and communicate effective quality programs while striving for continuous improvement in the quality of work and productivity within QA teams
- Consistently review data and reports with VCs and QA team on the performance to keep continuous improvements, this includes daily, weekly, monthly, seasonally and yearly department Goals and achievements. A large responsibility of reviewing reports will be to ensure corrective action is taken when needed for continuous improvement at all levels
- Full knowledge of Ashley quality control system tools including: QIS system, Dominate APP and the Cutting Registration and Control Plan. This knowledge will be utilised to instruct and manage utilisation by VCs and QA teams as well as provide feedback with system development team and US Champions
To succeed in this role you need to have 10+ years' experience and be an expert in the furniture industry as well as having excellent leadership skills.
- Bachelor degree or above
- 5+ years of previous quality and continuous improvement experience strongly preferred with a strong understanding of process expertise, continuous process improvement and quality assurance methodology and tools.
- 3+ years in team management function as manager or higher position
This company is one of the leading furniture companies in the world and this role is with their sourcing company. They are seeing exceptional growth in Vietnam at the moment and expect this to continue in the coming years.