Salary Attractive Package
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Emmanuel L'Henoret
Date posted 30 May 20192019-05-30 2019-07-29 leisure-and-sport Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 45000000 70000000 70000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Merchandising Manager job has just become available in Ho Chi Minh City in one of the foreign sourcing companies.
About the Merchandising Manager Role:
This position will be responsible for providing professional merchandising services and management as well as executing development and production for business categories including outdoor sporting goods and apparel for the company. The Merchandising Manager will execute merchandising tasks and ensure that the product design/concept is executed in the most commercially acceptable way to meet consumer expectations and the price/value standards as directed by Asia Global Sourcing and the Boulder Product Management team. This position will support product development activities for new season and follow-up purchase orders with all factories as well as coordinate with overseas colleagues in the U.S. Headquarters.
Strategic task (10%):
- Work with the division according to business objectives and strategies set down by the management
- Maintain supplier strategy to include primary and backup factories
- Be responsible for working with the factories on development
- Develop new and current products with full source factories within the go-to-market calendar and guidelines provided by the U.S. team
- Assess market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products based on what is found in factories
- Communicate with Product Managers or Designers on design details and tech pack specifications
- Obtain initial costing from suppliers / factories and offer alternative solutions to Merchandising / Design team that will meet the price target for the product while keeping the aesthetics of the product
- Source suppliers, materials, and finished products. Negotiate price to ensure first quality materials and products with the most competitive price in the market
- Maintain production capacity planning information to assure success with factory loading
- Ensure a seamless co-ordination with internal Boulder and Shanghai colleagues related to production and development issue to execute on time approvals and on time deliveries; assure the production meets the target cost structure, testing parameters, and product requirements of the Company brands
- Hands on approach in daily activities
- Lead the Merchandising team on a daily basis to assure all objectives and goals are achieved
To succeed in the Merchandising Manager job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively.
- Solid experience in tents, apparel, and backpacks required
- Additional experience in sleeping bags preferred, but not required
- Minimum three to five years' experience in development and sourcing with International companies
- Good written and verbal English skills
- College or University graduate
- Studies in Textiles, industrial engineering, or financial management will be an advantage
- PC proficiency in MS Office
This leading multinational firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field and strong presence in Vietnam.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply now to discuss this opportunity.