Supply Chain Manager
Salary VND60,000,000 - VND70,000,000 per month
Location Binh Duong
Consultant Phuong Yen Nguyen
Date posted 01 August 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A leading international electronic business is seeking a high-calibre Supply Chain Manager in Ho Chi Minh city to support the rapidly growing Vietnam business.
About the Supply Chain Manager Role:
In this role you will be responsible for achieving aggressive targets on service, quality and cost associated with commodities and services; providing leadership, facilitation, collaboration and focus to the supply chain for the achievement of continuous improvement, total cost reduction and supplier diversity goals; ensuring materials are available to production to support customer delivery requirement as or below the bid cost.
- Responsible for the procurement of materials that is on time to customer and production requirements
- Proactive risk identification in the supply chain and establishing mitigation strategies to minimise delivery, cost and inventory risks to the company and its customers
- Responsible for the complete and comprehensive reporting of status to planning, customer administration and others as required
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve the net working capital targets established by the company. This includes inventory and payment terms
- Manage the supplier rating system including feedback and corrective actions
- Support all departments with supply chain and material management expertise as required
- Communication of all commercial requirements to suppliers, including but not limited to price, quality, delivery, revision/ specification of products
- Maintain export licenses and obtain the necessary support of U.S. personnel to ensure continuity of supply in compliance with U.S. export control laws and regulations
- Maintain effective relationships with government agencies to ensure timely and error free clearance
- Select and manage freight forwarders and carriers to ensure cost and quality of service requirements are achieved
To succeed in this role you must have strong experience in sourcing and supply chain for related raw materials.
- Ability to manage projects effectively and meet Company deadlines
- Complete tasks and special projects as required by General Director
- Strong organisation, relationship management skills and collaborative with internal and external customers
- Awareness of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), and Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities effectively
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good command in English both writing and speaking
- 5 years' experience in a material related area
This global company is the market leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.