Chief Operations Officer
Consultant Andrew Humphreys
Date posted 11 September 2018 2018-09-112018-11-09 retail 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An exciting Chief Operating Officer job has arisen with one of the most respected retail business based in Hanoi. This is a great opportunity for an experienced professional who wants to lead that growth and increased profitability.
About the Chief Operating Officer Role:
In this critical role, you will work with board and CEO to develop the business plans & strategies, and lead the senior and middle management team to execute the strategies and exceed the near term budget and mid long term plans.
- Good understanding of all business functions including retail, branding, marketing, sourcing/supply chain management , manufacturing, HR/IT, Finance etc.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management
- Oversee daily operations of the company
- Develop and implement systems which are necessities for fashion retail business to be successful, included but not limited to R&D process/efficiency, product rationalisation, pricing and discount strategy, sales system and incentive, store performance monitoring, customer loyalty programs, plant operations, quality controls, inventory management etc.
- Develop and implement KPI’s across all of operations
- Ongoing measurements of effectiveness of operational programs and processes
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on all operational divisions - keeping the CEO, and the board/investor, fully informed in a timely and transparent way of the performance of the day-to-day operations
- Represent the company with investors, business partners and major suppliers
To succeed in this role, you must have a solid operational background including supply chain management, operational management in Retail/Distribution industry.
- Proven experience as successfully running mid-size apparel companies in Vietnam, or other SEA or Asia developing countries
- Understanding of Vietnam consumer/retail market; has some experience in Vietnam
- Understanding of successful business models and key successful factors for apparel/fashion business
- Have 20 years+ experience
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business operations
- Understanding of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Proven success at implementing KPI’s across all of operations
- Capable of building relationships and influencing internal and external stakeholders
This is an opportunity to get in a rapidly growing retail business. They drive business results in a dynamic and fast pace with strong commitment to bring the best values of products to consumers. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to an awesome place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting job.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.