Demand Planning Manager (South Asia)
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Phuong Yen Nguyen
Date posted 11 September 2018 2018-09-112018-11-10 building-and-construction 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A leading multinational company which produces paints and performance coatings is seeking a high-calibre Demand Planning Manager to manage South Asia market.
About the Demand Planning Manager Role:
You will develop and manage the demand planning at multiple levels of aggregation for 5-36 months horizons as part of Integrated Business Planning process and drives good ongoing “translation” of the business plans into the demand plan in South Asia.
- Develop and manage the demand planning at multiple levels
- Support Commercial Director to deliver business performance and growth of powder coatings in South Asia (India, ANZ, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar, and Indonesia)
- Facilitate the effective and regional Integrated Business Planning Commercial review by aligning Business unit and country business target/demand planning
- Consolidate/review country monthly market intelligence forecasting data and align regional demand plan with business target and provide input to operation organisation with facilitating strategic discussion and the resolution of gabs/issues within the demand/supply stream
- Prepare and provide 0-4 months SKUs level forecast (demand control horizon) to relevant functions for supply and business planning
- Maintain forecast tools or demand plan module on ERP system when available
- Lead demand MDI process by coordinating with Customer Service and Supply Planning team
- Embed global and regional business directions into daily demand control activities & demand plan by focusing on customers
- In case of any bottleneck or improvements actions, proactively coordinate with relevant functions as strong bridge between sales and operation sides
- KPI’s related to demand planning process, and take the improvement actions
- Responsible for facilitation of monthly KPIs review and coordination of improvement action plans with Customer Service (CS) managers in South East Asia, Powder Coatings
- Coach and develop CS team in South East Asia, create engaging and high competency in South Asia in order to deliver service to customers
- As per requirements of commercial directors or regional demand manager, coordinate functional meeting to support business directions or improvement actions
To perform well in this role, you will need to have a strong customer focus and orientation, and ability to develop processes that enhance the customer experience (internal customers – sales, as well as external customers).
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years' experience in Demand or Supply Planning, or Manufacturing Management role
- Successful track record in taking South Asia regional role. Working experience in multi-culture multinational companies will be preferred
- Travel required to sites for training and implementation of integrated planning processes
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to successfully lead a positive change management process
- Excellent people skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Sound computer system and analytical skills
This global manufacturing company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field. With extensive coverage across continentals throughout many decades, the company is now employing tens of thousands of people worldwide. The company is now striving to become the most advanced group in its manufacturing industry.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.