Purchasing & Import - Export Manager
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Hung Tran
Date posted 09 June 2022ho-chi-minh-city supply-chain-procurement-logistics/supply-chain 2022-06-16 2022-08-08 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Purchasing & Import – Export Manager job has just available at one of leading automotive company in the market.
About the Purchasing & Import – Export Manager Role:
Reporting to the Supply Chain Head, you will lead and manage purchasing & Im-Ex team to achieve high OTIF and low COGS. You will also lead and provide oversight for import export operation to ensure all activities are compliant to trade and customs regulations.
- Develop the right sources from a right understanding of requirements (spec., quality, cost, delivery, cycle time, service level, etc..)
- Manage vendor's qualification and selection
- Identify opportunities, lead negotiation, and cost-saving/ optimisation activities
- Monitor the purchase, and delivery to ensure goods and services are delivered timely and within the standard
- Set purchase objectives, translate them into actions, and target for execution and achievement
- Monitor supply markets and trends (e.g., material price increases, shortages, changes in suppliers) and interpret the impact of these trends on company strategies
- Identify the critical materials and services required to support company strategies in key performance areas, particularly during new product development
- Develop supply options and contingency plans that support company plans
- Support the organisation's need for a diverse and globally competitive supply base
- Define the method of awarding the contract
- Review and develop the contract. Manage the contract life cycle
- Lead vendor performance and evaluate their performance against key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Monitor and manage risk, including the risk of compliance breaches, lawsuits, data security issues, and loss of intellectual property or a failure to provide goods and services
- Ensure vendors are paid on time for the goods and services provided, in line with the agreed terms
- Manage full outbound logistics (road, sea, air shipment, etc..)
- Manage all processes, procedures, and policies related to customs clearance, customs audit & annual customs liquidation
- Ensure all activities are compliant with trade and customs regulatory
- OTIF (On time in full), DSI (Day Sales Inventory), GP (Gross Profit), and vendor complaints
- Understand the failure of KPIs and contribution from the division
- Develop and drive actions to improve KPIs together with KPIs owners with clear timeline and stretch targets
- Im-Ex, Supply Planning, Production, Warehouse, Marketing to ensure sales & operation related activities will be run smoothly
- Work with other functions to fulfil assigned tasks as committed
- Proactively lead or participate in the related projects/processes to minimise risk, loss, and bring the best values to division and organisation
To succeed in this role, you must have good command of English.
- University graduated
- Min. five years of experience in the same position.
- Preferable experiences: Purchase Packaging & Services (logistic services: warehouse, transportation, etc..)/ Work in FMCG multinational manufacturing company
- Good English and fair proficiency in MS Office, SAP
- Understanding of QMS system (relevant to procurement)
- Management skills
- Resourceful and self-driven with a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and get the job done – entrepreneurial in nature
- Ability to work well with a team across multiple departments
- Strong analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Good organisational skills: good time management and self-discipline
- Good communication skills: good listener, communicator, and presenter
- Adaptability to changing environments and requirements
- High degree of professional integrity
- Discovering new ways to improve productivity and effectiveness with a strong customer focus
- Solution Builder (Make It Happen):
- Finding win-win scenarios when solving issues, considering all stakeholder impact
- In this role, pursuing and building solutions for cost optimisation and process simplification is compulsory
- Change Influencer (Igniting Momentum):
- Manage changes in Motul through planning, engaging comms, and strong messaging
- Implementation Expert (Make It Real):
- Putting in the plan, team, and budget to execute our ideas, and executing the project(s)
- Value Creator (Make It Stick):
- Creating tangible value through positive impacts in revenue, volume, margin, cost savings, etc
- Inspirational Coach (Unleashing Potential):
- Energising, developing, and guiding colleagues through active listening and understanding
This is an exciting time to join this growing organisation.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 06 July 2022An exciting Purchasing Manager - Open only for Expat (Mandarin Speaking) job has arisen in a leading electronics firm in Hai Duong Vietnam.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 27 June 2022An exciting Manager, Raw Material job has just available at one of the largest global fashion companies in the market.
Salary: Attractive PackageLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 03 June 2022An exciting Continuous Improvement Manager job has just become available at one of the well-known international company.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 16 June 2022An exciting Manager Strategy & Projects Footwear job has just available at one of leading footwear company in the market.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 31 May 2022An exciting Supply Chain Manager job has just become available at an E-commerce international company who is entering Vietnam.