Manager, Raw Material
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Hung Tran
Date posted 27 June 2022ho-chi-minh-city supply-chain-procurement-logistics/supply-chain 2022-07-14 2022-08-26 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Manager, Raw Material job has just available at one of the largest global fashion companies in the market.
About the Manager Role:
In the role, you will own the material sourcing process flow, continually explore opportunities to ensure a competitive advantage, speed, price, service and quality.
- Own the material sourcing strategy and ensure the right balance of economy of scale vs diversity of product
- Streamline all material sourcing activities, consolidate materials and suppliers in order to improve quality/consistency and decrease costs
- Build a strategic and global core material supplier base across FTW and maintain effective communications across all suppliers
- Support in creating and utilising reporting metrics to drive efficiencies and continuous improvements throughout the supplier base
- Own business, drive interaction and functional relationship with the material team in Dongguan
- Monitor and act on global commodity costing trends with suppliers
- Initiate the research and developments of materials (esp innovation and sustainable materials), techniques, trends and needs, while acting on specific costing needs
- Coach/Inspire/Support on materials with internal and external peers in all sourcing regions
- Manage and drive all price, MOQ and surcharge negotiations (from Sampling into Bulk)
- Manage and escalate the quality and delivery performance for all materials along the different stages (Proto to Bulk)
- Maintain the physical material library in VN office in alignment with Dongguan, with an additional focus on sustainable materials
- Interact with the corporate responsibility Manager, to increase the usage of sustainable leather/non leather materials
- Interact with the Corporate Responsibility Manager, to get material suppliers compliant according to our sustainable guidelines (LWG etc.)
- Manage all materials on company chemical and physical standards (from sampling into bulk) in close collaboration with the Dongguan material and testing team.
- Responsible for all new material physical test tracking and working with PD team for test failure
- Responsible for technical engineering support on construction/manufacturing process/new development
- Advise on construction / best practice for innovative materials.
- Liaise with PD / Tooling team to identify new/innovative technical processes, techniques
- Manage inventory/liability
- Consolidate core material data base
- Perform other duties assigned by management
To succeed in this role, you must have good communications in English.
- Minimum eight years’ experience in brandy footwear material sourcing
- Minimum three years management experience, strong knowledge of sustainability, knowledge of material manufacturing and procurement
- Two to three years footwear product development experience is must
- An experience in fashion footwear and mid-level branded footwear is an advantage
- A bachelor's degree or diploma in Engineering, Manufacturing, Foreign Trade and/or similar related field.
This is an exciting time to join this growing organisation.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 15 August 2022An exciting Development Manager job has arisen in a leading manufacturer in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 09 July 2022An exciting Production Planning Control Manager job has just available at a global leader in labelling and packaging materials and solutions.
Salary: Attractive packageLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 15 August 2022An exciting Deputy General Director job has just available at one of the fast-growing companies.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 19 July 2022An exciting Industrial Operation Manager job has arisen in a leading oil and gas firm in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 18 July 2022An exciting Procurement Manager job has arisen in a leading manufacturing firm in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam.