Development Manager, Footwear
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Hung Tran
Date posted 15 August 2022ho-chi-minh-city supply-chain-procurement-logistics/supply-chain 2022-08-15 2022-10-14 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Development Manager job has arisen in a leading manufacturer in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam.
About the Development Manager Role:
A strong product developer with great product, communication skills and team working attitude. Able to manage sample requests and timelines with vendors to ensure on-time sample delivery, as well as develop product to a target margin.
- Manage all seasonal sampling from proto to confirmation. Once style confirmed, handover to industrialisation team
- BOM/SRF review, provide alternative option with price or construction needed to meet target price
- Manage travel/visits to vendors to review materials, pullover’s and trials to ensure final samples are correct
- Review CBD to see areas which are driving higher cost and work with suppliers to find alternative solutions
- Communicate development issues with AMS PD team + vendor for product with construction/material
- Liaise with commercialisation team to coordinate new construction development and fitting approval
- Liaise with material team to coordinate new material developments
- Material/color checking from proto to SMS stage to ensure products are aligned and follow SRF/BOM
- Manage color swatch and CFM sample approval for material purchasing and production follow up
- Provide regular communication on supplier performance to PD Director to ensure correct allocation and take action on supplier performance
- Develop and coach staff to improve their working knowledge & performance
- Perform other duties assigned by management
To succeed in this role, you must have good communication skills in English.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in footwear product development, preferably dealing with foreign teams
- Experience in women’s footwear and mid-level branded footwear is an advantage
- A bachelor's degree or diploma in engineering, manufacturing, foreign trade and/or similar related field
- Good written and oral English skills
- Essential Mandarin Chinese Skill
- Good MS Office skills (Excel and Word)
This leading company has an outstanding international reputation in its field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: Attractive packageLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 04 October 2022An exciting Deputy General Director job has just available at one of the fast-growing companies.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 07 September 2022An exciting Environmental Sustainability Manager job has arisen in a leading fashion leading in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 07 September 2022An exciting Operations Manager job has just available at one of largest international insurtech company in the market.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 30 August 2022An exciting Fabric Material Sourcing Manager job has become available at one of the most respected global firms based in HCMC.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 29 August 2022An exciting Supply Chain Manager job has just available at one of the international FMCG company.