Corporate Global Commodity Manager
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Hung Tran
Date posted 30 August 2022ho-chi-minh-city supply-chain-procurement-logistics/supply-chain 2022-08-30 2022-10-29 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Corporate Global Commodity Manager job has just available at one of largest manufacturer of furniture in the world.
About the Corporate Global Commodity Manager Role:
The Corporate Global Commodity Manager will provide daily strategic and tactical direction to procurement specialists.
The Corporate Global Commodity Manager is responsible for ensuring adherence to both department and raw material budgets. Responsible for managing negotiations relative to their specific raw materials used in global production. This position will interact with all levels of management on a corporate wide basis as well as with external suppliers.
- Determine the number of suppliers per commodity and advise in the choice of suppliers that offer the best-landed value. Monitor supplier performance through plant visits and monthly scorecards. Meet with suppliers as necessary and/or as requested by procurement specialists or other members of management
- Ensure all personnel understand and update Purchase Order (PO) data, PO collaboration, Planned Requirements, Auto PO generation, Advanced Shipping Notices (ASNs), Supplier Scorecards, etc. Supervise the placement, follow-up, and on-time delivery of raw material purchase orders by monitoring the site and by reviewing exception reports. Monitor old purchase order backlogs and determine corrective actions
- Educate new Procurement Specialists on the suppliers for their items and/or educate existing Procurement Specialists on new suppliers. Ensure personnel know and understand supplier names, contacts, materials provided, delivery method and/or any special circumstances. Provide guidance and assistance in the Procurement Specialists’ development of Global and/or Regional Commodity Strategies
- Report to upper management on the development and implementation of Global and/or Regional Commodity Strategies, Supply Chain Mapping, supplier capabilities, production, pricing and/or quality issues, issue resolutions, cost reduction initiatives and project statuses
- Evaluate material requirements for production and R&D, and formulate a long-term action plan to have suppliers in place that can meet the company’s requirements from a price competitiveness, quality, capacity, delivery, technology and financial strength standpoint now and in the future
- Evaluate and approve Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) to ensure correct costing and supplier information is in place. Review and approve Purchasing Change Orders (PCO’s) to ensure accurate current costs. Provide monthly analysis, justification and plans to mitigate Purchase Price Variance (PPV) and Location Variance (LOCVAR). Review all global market indicators that impact component cost and develop short-term and long-term plans to take advantage of, or mitigate the effect of, these indicators.
- At the beginning of each calendar year notify and work with suppliers to develop cost reduction, material improvement and cost avoidance strategies. Direct and coordinate in-house and external lean activities with suppliers
- Work with facilities and suppliers to resolve any quality issues
- Provide backup and assistance to the Director of Corporate Purchasing, other Corporate Commodity Managers and Procurement Specialists
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring, and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations such as hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, terminations and pay adjustments. Track employee timekeeping and absenteeism.
- Manage and improve functional area’s performance measures through use and interpretation of continuous improvement tools. Improve working conditions and process (safety, quality, productivity, and cost) including supporting and directing employees to participate in improvement programs
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities
- Manage resources to optimise equipment, facilities, employees, methods, and materials
- Demonstrate the company’s core and growth values in the performance of all job functions
To succeed in this role, you must have good communication skills in English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Supply Chain, Packaging, Materials Management or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Five years purchasing experience in a multi-plant manufacturing environment
- Technical and purchasing experience in the given commodity(s)
- APICS and/or ISM certification or achieving and maintaining that certification within two years of entering the department, CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management)
- ERP/MRP systems
- Application of materials management software programs
- Broad technical view and understanding of the furniture manufacturing process and overall business including methods that will enhance or improve the speed, quality and cost effectiveness or related production processes
- Document management system
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and supply chain mapping
- Effectively communication between departments, plants and suppliers on issues that will have an impact
- Effective interpersonal skills
- “Team problem solving” in manufacturing environment
- Strong detail skills
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Management of resources to optimise equipment, facilities, employees, methods, and materials
- Provide effective leadership
- Extensive knowledge and skill with sourcing, negotiations, certifications, and product quality assurance
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Effectively use the Internet for sourcing, cost trend tracking and analysis
- Ability to perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to set priorities and to work with minimal direction and supervision
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
This leading company has an outstanding international reputation in its field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: VND350,000,000 - VND425,000,000 per month + BenefitsLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 29 September 2022A Chief Operating Officer is needed in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to manage an international container port still in its start up phase. The COO will be responsible for defining, building, and implementing this companies port operational and technical strategy, whilst ensuring the highest possible service level, work efficiency and quality of rendered services by go-live and after while championing highest standards of of occupational health and safety.