Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Phuong Yen Nguyen
Date posted 30 July 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A leading European company is seeking a high-calibre Logistics Manager to support the rapidly growing Vietnam business.
About the Logistics Manager Role:
You will be responsible for logistics activities with Binh Duong factory and market companies in the cluster (mainly in South Asia, East Asia and Oceania) and drive cost reduction, improve service levels and effective utilisation of logistics resources. In addition, the resource shall also drive and implement cluster logistics priorities and initiatives.
- In plant warehousing [raw materials & finished goods], freight forwarding & import export
- Ensure goods receipts from raw material suppliers and deliveries to customer; resolve issues that might arise with deliveries (in/out) at warehouse / port / customs / transportation company; administer and manage documentation for all goods in/out of factory (e.g., invoices, customs documentation)
- Implement and lead a good warehouse, transportation and logistics resource management in the factory (and outsourced, if any)
- Ensure correct and timely reporting of KPIs (incl., costs, payload, PDII) for all metrics concerning the factory, inclusive all the way to destinations
- Actively manage the factory logistics team (e.g., performance management, individual development)
- Ensure capacity and space management in warehouse with inventory check and control
- Oversee the day to day running of the warehouses to ensure efficient and reliable supply to productions
- Ensure proper storage and retrieval of goods
The successful candidate will need to have experience within the logistics industry or as a supply chain manager bringing extensive management and leadership experience.
- Prior experience of management of logistics operations in a factory environment would be an advantage
- As the factory is a greenfield project, prior experience in setting up greenfield logistics – freight forwarding, import-export & warehousing – would be a great advantage
- Degree holder or equivalent in logistic or related field
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to balance the strategic and execution orientated aspects of the role
- Strong numerical reasoning along with an ability to interpret and analyse incomplete information and make predictions based on trend and first principles
- Demonstrated experience with problem resolution delivering sound solutions
- Fluent written & spoken English language is a requirement
This European company is the market leader in their field globally and in Vietnam. They have a state of the art factory and have an established team of international and local staff. This is an exciting time to join this growing organisation.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.