Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Phuong Yen Nguyen
Date posted 14 August 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An exciting Logistics Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected US firms based in Ho Chi Minh. Your main responsibility is to support a large, complex business unit with a regional remit.
About the Logistics Manager Role:
You will be responsible for warehousing, distribution, packaging and transportation to ensure company meet the customer requirement.
- Evaluate overall operations and develop short- and long-term goals to meet organisational objectives
- Oversee all warehousing, distribution, packaging and transportation operations to ensure company and customer requirements are met
- Focus on continuous improvement and make decisions about enhancing value, service and effectiveness, and profitability
- Ensure safety and compliance in logistic operations which comprises of DC, transportation and trade, and abide by local as well as the Global safety requirements
- Own key performance indicators (KPIs) comprising of safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale within the operations of DC, transportation and trade
- Drive KPI review and accountability with Service Providers to meet or exceed performances
- Lead and communicate to Logistic teams (DC, Transportation and Trade) on clear customer focus KPIs, to ensure that issues and recovery actions are in place
- Work with business teams to ensure that operations deliver values (quality, time and cost) to customers
- Ensure that the revenues are met in line with Business needs
- Partner with business teams to address customer's concerns and improve by providing service or cost value propositions
- Ensure that all customer feedbacks are responded to by the team with utmost urgency
- Contribute to yearly Lean Six Sigma savings through projects and optimisation of operations
The successful candidate will have experience within the logistics industry or as a supply chain manager bringing extensive management and leadership experience.
- Possess a bachelor or master degree in an academic discipline that’s related to Supply Chain/Logistics
- Have at least 6 years of supply chain experience, in a multinational organisation, and experience working with cross-functional and cross-border teams
- Must have the experience to lead a team and be able to manage as well as drive 3PL performance
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Have strong and structured problem-solving skills
- Have good communication skills in the English language, both oral and written
The successful logistics manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment in brand new offices.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.