Senior Operations Director
Salary Excellent Benefits
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Andrew Humphreys
Date posted 30 December 2022ho-chi-minh-city supply-chain-procurement-logistics/warehousing-logistics 2023-01-10 2023-02-28 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A Senior Operations Director is required to lead Operations for Vietnam for one of the worlds most successful contract logistics companies. Based out of HCMC and reporting directly to the Managing Director this is a great chance to advance your career to an MD role for a leading international company
About the Senior Operations Director Role:
The Senior Operations Director will be leading a team of the hundreds of people including key functions such as warehousing and transportation.
- Manages the department’s overall budget and P&Ls, formulate business strategies and plan for department growth
- Oversee operations, implement best practices to enhance and improve work flows and strive for continuous improvements
- Establish SOPs and ensure various standards such as GMP, GDP and ISO are well practised and maintained in warehouse sites
- Set targets for warehouse sites to monitor outstanding payments and achieve collection within credit terms
- Ensure all warehouse sites adhere to relevant safety standards and regulations to provide a safe working environment for all occupants
- Manage customer expectations and build good rapport with them
- Coach and give guidance to operations staff on operational and service level issues; train and develop long term career paths for them
- Prepare costs analysis and pricing for new business proposals
A senior leader with excellent English communication skills is needed for this role. You will have extensive supply chain experience including warehousing and transportation. Speaking Vietnamese and working in contract logistics is preferred but not essential.
- Minimum qualification is a Bachelor Degree in any related discipline
- 8-10 years of working experience in the logistics industry or related field
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven record specialising in warehouse or supply chain management
- Ability to lead a team of experienced managers
- English language skills
This company is a well known contract logistics company with a major global and local footprint.
If you are driven and determined and up for a challenge, this is the role for you.
Apply now to this exciting role.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.