Market Access Manager
Salary VND80000000 - VND120000000 per month
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant David McGee
Date posted 07 February 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An attractive Market Access Manager job in the respected global pharmaceutical company based in Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi has just become available.
About the Market Access Manager Role:
Reporting to the General Manager, you will work closely with and provide support across all divisions and functions, as needed and with focus in devising and delivering government and stakeholder relations programs while working with the leadership team to provide strategic counsel and make recommendations. In addition to developing campaigns that will enhancing the business's standing among opinion formers, policymakers and public audiences, you will build relations with stakeholders including local authority, media, regulators and industry figures in order to build and protect a favourable image of the company, to influence the emerging policy debate and to position the organisation as a thought leader.
- Formulate market access strategies (including related functional strategies, such as: health economics, strategic pricing, KOL engagement and market access publication) supporting projects/products throughout their entire life cycle
- Inform early decisions in local development programs regarding understanding of competitive environment and requirements from national and sub-national payers and decision-makers in order to facilitate market access
- Provide oversight for market access strategies and plans to ensure that the company products are available to patients with minimal barriers to adoption and reimbursement
- Develop local market access strategies
- Recognise trends and opportunities in healthcare industry and develop approaches to best strategically position the company to benefit or defend against the changing policy landscape and use insights from intimate knowledge of trends to influence business critical decisions in the country
- Define the unmet medical need/ market trend, cooperate with others internal departments to plan the company's portfolio in future
- Maintain high standard and level of knowledge and understanding regarding scientific, clinical and commercial developments of the business areas
- Contribute with an understanding of the impact on business strategy caused by competitor actions and develop potential defense strategies
- Develop and coach people in the team
To succeed in this role, you will need to be an experienced government affairs or market access manager.
- Hold relevant bachelor or master degree
- Speak and write English fluently
- At least five years’ professional experience in a relevant field (e.g. strategic pricing, reimbursement strategy, payer strategy, health economics, strategic marketing, strategic planning, business development, finance etc.)
- Excellent influencing and analytical skills. Ability to identify challenging business issues and develop/ implement strategies
- Strong communication skills. Ease at communicating with high level political appointees
- Confident and diplomatic. Seen as a trusted advisor and advocate both internally and externally
- Team player. Engage effectively with HoDs in the company and at group level
- Integrity and good judgement
This company is recognised as the market leader in their field of expertise.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Market Access Manager job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.