CEO (Venture Capital/Builder)
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Emmanuel L'Henoret
Date posted 11 May 2022ho-chi-minh-city tech-transformation/general-management 2022-05-26 2022-07-10 new-media-and-internet Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting job opportunity of a CEO for a Venture Capital/Builder company has arisen in Ho Chi Minh City. Our client is a venture builder and venture capital firm headquartered in Ho Chi Minh City but focusing on SEA market. They focus on investing in highly compelling and emerging technology companies in both venture and growth stages that are involved in the development of innovative next-generation technologies and solutions for the SEA market.
About the CEO Role:
The CEO will be a senior and experienced investment professional who has worked in early stage venture capital space as well as Strategy Management for start-ups. This role will be responsible for sourcing deal flow in SEA from his/her network that will lead to early stage investments. This person will be responsible for building an investment team comprised of Managers, Principals, and Associates with a sector focus on early stage, public company investment and Crypto/Blockchain.
- Be responsible for building and managing portfolio and realising attractive exit opportunities
- Provide hands-on leadership for all aspects of investment activity—from origination to exit—with the goal of investing a significant amount of capital annually into high-quality opportunities
- Source proprietary investment opportunities and create an investment deal flow pipeline
- Validate the business opportunity, establish an investment case, and structure and negotiate terms for potential investments
- Maintain great relationships with entrepreneurs and other venture capital funds
- Develop a complete understanding of an emerging company by evaluating its market opportunity, competition, product, sales and growth, operations, financial statements and projections, management strength, equity needs, and capital structure
- Work with and support portfolio companies, including attending board meetings and monitoring performance to ensure returns and strategic objectives are achieved
To succeed in the role, you should have a strong understanding about strategy and investment.
- A minimum of seven progressive years of experience including significant experience at a top-tier venture capital firm, or major corporation venture capital group, with a deep understanding of the early stage venture capital space in SEA
- Experience in managing a Venture Builder and supporting on the strategy of the group
- Proven experience from sourcing to exiting investments, including deal analysis, due diligence, reviewing and negotiating all documentation, serving as deal interface, and driving deal processes to completion
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to define issues, collect and analyse pertinent data, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, draw valid conclusions, propose sound recommendations, and implement approved solutions in support of specified goals; attention to detail is critical
- SEA-related industry or venture investment experience strongly preferred
This leading multinational firm has an outstanding international reputation in venture building and strong presence in Vietnam.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.
If you have questions, please email Emmanuel.LHenoret@robertwalters.com.vn. Full information can be provided upon request.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.