Backend Engineer (Middle/Senior) | Hanoi & HCMC
Salary VND55,000,000 - VND75,001,000 per annum
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant My Tran
Date posted 25 November 2022ho-chi-minh-city tech-transformation/software-development-programming 2022-11-25 2023-01-24 technology Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 55000000 75001000 75001000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Backend Engineer role has become available at a Silicon Valley based hot startup. You will join a talented team of software engineers, research engineers, product managers, and QA in Hanoi & HCMC.
About the Backend Engineer Role:
In this role, you will work with the best software engineers from both Vietnam and Silicon Valley to build the next generation of backend that will handle a massive number of sessions between askers and experts in multiple verticals.
- Implement algorithms handling a large volume of real-time data. Proactively research solutions to problems
- Design and develop REST APIs to support various types of clients: mobile, web, messaging platforms, SDK for 3rd party clients
- Architect and build robust, scalable, highly available, reliable, and secure backend systems
- Work closely with the client teams and product design team to iterate quickly on new features and experiments
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews, and group brainstorming sessions
- Deliver high-quality code following best practices for better performance, user experience, and reusability
- Troubleshoot existing codebases, hunt down nasty bugs and refactor code
- Perform benchmarking, performance, and security analysis
- Help turn R&D results into production-ready services
- Lead and manage team (2-4 engineers)
- Interview candidates, involve in hiring decisions
- Mentor and train junior software engineers
To succeed in this Backend Engineer role, you will need at least two years’ working experience programming with Python.
- Experience working on MySQL, Nginx
- Be able to write clean, performance-centric, reusable, and understandable code with unit tests
- Experience designing and developing RESTful web services for mobile apps
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Self-starter, capable of leading and owning a large aspect of the product
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or technical related fields
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply now or email me at email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.