Head of IT (Global)
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cuong Bui
Date posted 26 April 2023ho-chi-minh-city tech-transformation/technology-management 2023-04-26 2023-06-25 technology Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Head of IT job has just become available at an global firm in HCM city.
About the Head of IT Role:
As a Head of IT, you will be responsible for the overall application and security of business and technical expertise to enable the group in the creation, management, and optimisation of or access to information and business processes.
- Oversee the implementation of the IT strategy to provide the Group with effective and efficient IT tools
- Review, adapt, and implement the IT strategy
- Support the implementation of systems such as ERP and CRM
- Prepare annual IT capex and opex for approvals
- Develop security strategies, policies, and guidelines for the group
- Ensure a robust, secured, and cost-effective security plan covering the full life cycle of data management
- Conduct routine and periodic GAP analysis and security audit to ensure existing security measures are adequate.
- Collaborate with group HR to ensure an effective IT security training program
- Manage IT infrastructure team to ensure seamless and effective network, server, storage, desktop, data center/hosting, IT security, video conferencing, and telephone operations
- Review and identify potential risks within the infrastructure setup, propose solutions, and include extra costs in the annual capex/opex review
- Ensure effective in-country IT users support across the group with a consistent service level
- Ensure a good balance between cloud vs on-premise infrastructure to ensure speed, security, cost-effectiveness, and efficiency
- Ensure proper management of all IT services contracts
- Manage the team responsible for IT business development (software development) and project management
- Ensure adequate resources and required expertise in the IT team to support the implementation of new systems as well as to ensure full internal support, enhancement, and development of the system post-implementation
- Provide functional leadership responsibility for all employees of the respective departments
- Provide guidance, motivate, and develop employees to achieve the group targets and minimise employee turnover
- Define targets and support and demand performance by regular performance reviews
- Conduct salary and bonus discussions with department heads in coordination with GCFO
- Initiate recruitment and select suitable candidates for department heads
- Approve senior positions within the respective departments
- Communicate the group vision and mission in a comprehensive manner to ensure its incorporation into daily operations
- Promote a harmonious working environment in the department to ensure employees are motivated and operations run smoothly
- Conduct the qualification planning of direct reports
- Take disciplinary action in coordination with the disciplinary manager if required
To succeed in this role, you must have at least five years as Head of IT position.
- Hold a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information System
- Have experience in IT management, infrastructure and applications management, data warehousing, architecture, and networking
- Have knowledge of cloud platforms and technologies
- Have a minimum of five years of IT service delivery experience
- Have experience in implementing business operations platforms such as ERP, CRM, WMS, etc.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Be willing to travel locally and overseas
- Possess leadership skills, and excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Have effective planning, analytical and implementation skills
- Be goal-oriented, dynamic, and have a high sense of responsibility
- Be able to work well under pressure and self-reliant
- Have a professional appearance and demeanour
This company needs no introduction and is well known in its industry.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of IT job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Get in touch
+84 28 3520 7921
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 31 May 2023An exciting B2B Growth Hacking Director job has arisen in a leading firm in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 25 May 2023A prominent manufacturing company located in the southern region of Vietnam is looking for a Java Engineer
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 12 May 2023An exciting Principal/Senior Frontend Engineer job has arisen in a leading firm in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam.